Pediatrics at Pen Bay Medical Center
- Well child exams
- Sports physicals
- Same-day sick visits
- Extended hours & convenient appointment times
- Care coordination
- ZING! Program
- On-site counseling
A medical home is a team approach to providing health care. As your child’s medical home, we are a central resource for their health and wellness.
Your child’s primary care doctor or nurse leads a care team dedicated to them. This team may include nurses, specialists, counselors and other professionals. We organize your child’s complete health record including lab results, visits to specialists and hospital stays so nothing is overlooked.
You have access to you child’s complete health record online through MyChart. Ask your doctor how to sign up.
Zing! is a positive, encouraging program that helps children and their families learn healthy habits. We work with children ages 6-18 who have been referred by their doctor’s office because of weight and health concerns.
How it works:
- We will work with you and your child to set goals and create a plan to help them be successful.
- The Zing! team is lead by a pediatrician and a pediatric nurse practitioner. Other members of the team may include a registered dietitian, physical therapist, behavioral health specialist and other professionals. Each of these specialists will help you and your child set realistic, achievable goals.
- You will have regular meetings with your child’s provider to talk about the program and see how your child is doing. We offer a variety of fun activities like cooking classes, group exercises and field trips!
- Zing! providers teach how the “5-2-1-0″ message makes it easy to make healthy choices.
Zing! at Pen Bay Pediatrics: 207-921-5639
Zing! at Waldoboro Family Medicine: 207-832-5291
For urgent needs after hours, call 207-921-5600 and the answering service will have the on call physician contact you. For emergencies, dial 9-1-1.
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday*: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
*No Sunday hours between Mother's Day and Labor Day
Co-payments are expected at the time of service. We accept checks, cash or Visa/Mastercard credit cards.