Aging & Senior Care
The senior population in northern New England is growing fast. At MaineHealth, our gerontology services are growing along with our aging population. We bring top-notch geriatric medicine, assisted living opportunities, and other healthcare services to meet the needs of elderly patients.
Browse our services below:
Care & Services
Discover MaineHealth Care at Home
Our home healthcare services meet the diverse needs of the patients we serve. MaineHealth Care at Home services are available seven days a week, with 24-hour on-call nursing service.
Meeting the needs of seniors, 65 years and older
We partner with seniors, their caregivers and family members to meet the increasing needs of our growing elderly patient population. Of course, at the heart of what we do are the experienced doctors and nurses skilled in elder care and in every medical specialty. We know that seniors need a range of healthcare services to lead full, safe and quality lives. MaineHealth has specialized healthcare, residential living opportunities and wellness programs.
Getting older does not mean giving up a healthy lifestyle
Our complete menu of services covers all areas of healthcare and geriatric medicine for patients 65 years and older. The MaineHealth family of providers:
- Coordinates senior care with family doctors and community providers.
- Strengthens existing programs and develops new ones serving our elder population.
- Supports caregivers assisting people with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and other conditions.
- Offers a range of senior residential living opportunities and communities for all levels of independence, service and care.
- Emphasizes wellness through falls prevention and other programs that enable older adults to live safely and improve daily functioning.
- Connects elderly people with supportive and skilled care at home to regain or maintain their independence.
- Provides palliative care, hospice care and planning for end-of-life care.