SMHC Orthopedic Care
Outstanding outcomes. Proven experience. Satisfied patients.
Our bodies regularly undergo a great deal of strain, whether you are a professional athlete or sit at a computer all day. Over time, injuries can occur to the musculoskeletal system that require surgical or non-surgical treatment. For more than 20 years, the specialists at SMHC Physicians Orthopedics have cared for individuals throughout southern Maine for a variety of issues, from carpel tunnel syndrome to hip and knee replacement surgery. We focus on seamless care, rapid recoveries, successful outcomes and compassionate patient-centered care.
We work closely with all referring physicians to provide patients with the highest quality care designed to ensure a successful return to the patient's pre-injury lifestyle.
Our services include:
- Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopic surgery for knee and shoulder injuries
- ACL reconstruction, meniscal repair, rotator cuff and labral repair
- We provide team care services to many area schools, including Biddeford and Kennebunk high schools and Thornton Academy
- Joint replacement
- Partial and total knee
- Shoulder and elbow
- Small joints of the hand
- Hand surgery
- Carpal tunnel release (endoscopic and open), tendon and nerve repair, fracture care, wrist arthroscopy
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Industrial/work related injuries
The power of great people:
Christian Basque, MD
Peter A. Dollard, MD
Frank Goudreau, DO
Julie Grosvenor, MD
David Johnson, MD
John W. Solari, MD
Gregory A. Taggart, MD
Brent Albright, PA-C
Lauren Blaisdell, PA-C
Christopher Duncan, PA-C
Bronna Eckelman, PA-C
Jeff Nicoletti, PA-C
Eric Smith, PA-C
We have two convenient locations:
Interested in seeing one of our providers? Give us a call!
All calls and faxes go through the Biddeford office unless otherwise directed.
- 46 Barra Road
Biddeford, ME 04005
- 25A June Street - Suite 016
Sanford, ME 04073
Providers and patients please note: We do not accept faxed appointment requests. Please call our office directly and we will be happy to schedule you or your patient.
Already have an appointment? Here's what you should bring:
- Insurance information, including your insurance card(s),
- A photo ID,
- An updated list of your current medications,
- If you have had recent imaging studies (X-ray, MRI) done at an institution not affiliated with SMHC, it's helpful to bring a copy of those studies with you to the appointment.