If you would like to be considered for this program, please reach out to your CMO for a formal nomination. Once nominated, potential participants will be required to write an essay on the topic of leadership.
Participants are expected to develop their leadership competencies and must be willing to accept a leadership role in the future. Participants are asked to commit to the following:
- Complete a self-assessment of leadership competencies and develop an action plan with personal goals for participation in the course
- Attend the full length of each of the one-day learning sessions
- Actively participate in all aspects of the course, including pre-session reading or other preparation, engagement in course discussions and exercises, and completion of all course assignments
- Complete a leadership project and provide a poster presentation of the completed project, including outcomes, lessons learned and experience
- Provide open and honest feedback on the effectiveness of learning sessions and course materials
The PLDF program strives to build upon skills participants already possess to help them reach their full potential as a leader in the MaineHealth organization. Our mission is to:
- Identify and develop provider leaders who are willing to take on leadership roles and help MaineHealth and its partners achieve the organization's mission and goals
- Foster relationships among provider leaders across the region
- Sustain and nurture provider leaders across the region
PLDF program benefits include:
- Opportunity to further develop leadership competencies, knowledge and skills that promote a collaborative leadership style
- Opportunity to form a network of peer relationships with other emerging provider leaders from across the MaineHealth system
- Mentorship: Participants also have the option of a one-on-one mentoring program with a provider leader in their community. Face-to-face discussions, advice, support and opportunities to observe the mentor in leadership activities are features of this program.
Sponsoring organizations support the cost of tuition for each participant. MaineHealth is committed to providing a high-quality learning experience through the PLDF program. We recognize that both participants and sponsoring organizations are making a significant investment in their leadership development. Participants invest time to prepare for and attend learning sessions and participate in all aspects of the program.