Consider using one of the following, validated self-assessment tools if you are wondering about your health. Your use of these tools is completely anonymous and never tracked. If you are concerned about your results, please contact your primary care provider or call LifeBalance Employee Assistance Program (877) 259-3785.
Do you find it difficult to balance the different roles in your life? Take the online work life balance quiz to find out and learn more.
This confidential questionnaire can help you screen yourself for symptoms of burnout. It will help you identify feelings and experiences you have about your work, so that you can get a feel for whether you might be vulnerable to burnout.
Learn about what are symptoms of an alcohol use disorder. Understand alcohol and its effects from Rethinking Drinking.
Use this online tool to screen for depression.
Test how self compassionate you are with this online assessment.
Maine Medical Center offers many excellent resources for resident and fellows, as well as all employees (and often family members too). Click on the links below for more information.
Available to all MaineHealth employees and their family members, LifeBalance is a 24/7 free and confidential resource program designed to help you manage whatever challenge you’re facing. To login please use ID: mainehealth and Password: lifebalance.
Our Peer Support Program is an all-inclusive service designed to help Medical Staff, residents and fellows address challenges before they become overwhelming. For more information please visit the Peer to Peer website, accessible only within MMC network. For further questions or information please contact the confidential email.
Our chapel is located in the Maine General Building on the 1st floor.
Lactation Center Locations
We offer lactation locations throughout our East Tower, where our Family Birth Center is located — on all floors.
We offer a meditation room in the East Tower on the 1st floor.
The residency Program Director for Psychiatry is willing to see residents and fellows who need short-term counseling.
“Supporting Maine’s health care professionals who struggle with substance use and behavioral health illnesses.”
Integrative medicine makes use of the best of conventional and alternative medicine. It weighs both approaches while seeking care that is responsive to the needs and health of individual patients. This requires the doctor and patient to work together as a team.
Free to all residents and fellows, World's Gym offers a full service fitness facility featuring group classes, steam room and excellent fitness equipment.
- Smartphone App: Naturespace (free) – Relax, meditate focus sleep and rest with 3D sounds, sonic therapy for anxiety and stress relief.
- Smartphone App: Headspace (free, subscription) – Short, guided meditation
- Smartphone App: The Mindfulness App: Meditation for Everyone (subscription)
- Smartphone App: Buddhiffy ($2.99) – Rated by Buzzfeed as the best meditation app to ease anxiety
Developed by the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, School of Medicine, Behavioral Health and Wellness Program in 2014, this document will give you a good understanding of what well-being is for physicians, self-assessment tools, how to build a change plan and more.
These toolkits focused on helping with resiliency offer a variety of ways you can work on your long-term well being.
- The Feeling Good Handbook, by David D. Burns, M.D.
- The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook, by Davis, Eshelman, McKay & Fanning
- Kitchen Table Wisdom, by Rachel Naomi Remen, M.D.
- Staying Human During Residency Training (How to Survive and Thrive After Medical School), by Allan D. Peterkin, M.D.
- Forgive and Remember-Managing Medical Failure, by Charles L. Bosk
- This Side of Doctoring: Reflections from Women in Medicine, by Eliza Lo Chin, M.D.
WOW offers health wellness coaching - 3 sessions included are:
- Stress reduction
Learn more about what the great city of Portland, Maine has to offer including parks, restaurants, outdoor activities, beaches and more.