Rehab Services is a specialized healthcare team comprised of occupational, physical and speech therapists. The goal of rehabilitation services is to help people regain maximal independence following illness, injury or surgery. Our team is dedicated to improve, maintain, and restore physical strength, cognition, and function. We work with patients, family, and caregivers through training and education with the holistic goal to reach an individual’s potential for optimal level of function.
Occupational therapy focuses on enabling people of all ages to live life to its fullest despite specific illness, injury, or disability by participating in meaningful and purposeful activities of daily living (occupations). Areas addressed are activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, feeding), home management, safety, and upper extremity range of motion, strength and function.
Amy Russo, MS, OTR/L
- Senior Therapist Rehabilitation Services
- University of New England, graduated in 2007
- Employed at Memorial Hospital since 5/2008
Danielle Lemieux, MS, OTR/L
- University of New Hampshire, graduated in 2009
- Employed at Memorial Hospital since 10/2013
Inpatient physical therapy
Physical therapy helps to restore function, improves mobility, relieves pain, and prevents or limits physical disabilities following injury or disease. Treatment often includes exercises that focus on improving strength, balance, coordination and endurance. We provide education on the safe use of assistive devices such as walkers, canes, and crutches to provide stability with ambulation and mobility.
Michelle Mattei, MS, PT
- Clinical Supervisor Rehabilitation Services
- University of Massachusetts, Lowell, graduated in 1998
- Employed at Memorial Hospital since 9/2004
Patty Keane, PT
- Northeastern University, graduated in 1980
- Employed at Memorial Hospital since 10/2015
Maria Therriault, PTA
- Kennebec Valley Community College, graduated in 2010
- Employed at Memorial Hospital since 7/2010
Speech therapy (SLP)
Speech Therapy assesses, diagnoses, and treats developmental and acquired disorders of speech, language, cognitive-communication, voice, swallow, and fluency.
Marla Browning, MS, CCC-SLP
- University of Vermont, graduated in 1983
- Employed at Memorial Hospital since 1993
Braces & Prosthetic
John Emery, CO, C.PED, BOCP, certified orthotist/prosthetist contracted from Boston Brace Company for prosthetic needs and adjustment of braces. Patients can be scheduled weekly on Thursday afternoons. Call 603-772-2388 to make an appointment.