After your stay: When mom and baby return home
We welcome you to call us with any questions or concerns you have at any time. We offer Outpatient Lactation Program appointments that you are able to attend any time after going home with your baby.
Our MaineHealth birthing centers offer prenatal education classes for mothers-to-be. We want to help you prepare as much as you can before the birth of your baby. We encourage you to attend our childbirth and parenting classes to discuss any questions or concerns you have about the upcoming birth of your baby, breastfeeding, and caring for your baby when you are back home from the hospital.
The following birth centers offer breastfeeding and lactation support for new mothers and their babies. We offer pre- and post-natal education classes and support groups.
- Maine Medical Center: Family Birth Center (Portland, ME)
- Southern Maine Health Care: Birthing Suite (Biddeford, ME)
- Stephens Memorial Hospital: Family Birthplace (Norway, ME)
- Franklin Memorial Hospital: Family Birthing Unit (Farmington, ME)
- Pen Bay Medical Center: Birth Center (Rockport, ME)
- Waldo County General Hospital: Birthing Center (Belfast, ME)
- Memorial Hospital: Family Birthing Center (North Conway, NH)