Schools, child care programs, out-of-school programs and health care practices are working together to decrease childhood obesity, one healthy choice at a time.Read More
Quality at WCGHAt Waldo County General Hospital, we are constantly striving to improve our quality of care. It is our goal to meet and exceed the expectations of our patients and their families by providing safe, efficient, high-quality, patient-centered care.
- Ask for ID of everyone who comes in your room, all hospital employees wear identification badges
- Speak up if hospital staff doesn’t ask for your identification
- Ask if the person washed his or her hands before they touch you. If you are told you need certain tests or procedures, ask why you need them, when they will happen and how long it will be before you get the results
All medications you take while in the hospital are prescribed by your doctor, dispensed by the hospital pharmacy and administered by a nurse. Patients are not permitted to administer their own drugs or keep personal medications at their bedsides, unless authorized by their physician.
Preventing Medication ErrorsBy taking part in your own care, you can help the members of your healthcare team avoid medication errors. Here’s how:
- Be sure that all of your doctors know what medications you have been taking, including prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, herbal and vitamin supplements, natural remedies and recreational drugs
- Be sure that all of your doctors know of any allergies you may have to any medications, anesthesia, foods, latex products, etc.
- When you are brought medications or IV fluids, ask the person to check to be sure you are the patient who is supposed to receive the medications. Show that person your ID bracelet to double-check
We are better. together.
Did we exceed your expectations? Are there areas where you think we can improve? We want to hear from you.Contact
Email a patient
Because we know how important it is for family and friends to stay in touch when someone is hospitalized, Waldo County General Hospital is pleased to offer you the ability to send an e-mail message to a patient during their stay at our hospital.Email a Patient