What types of needs are supported?HealthAdvocate can provide support, information and referrals for issues such as:
- Handling stress and overload
- Dealing with divorce and separation
- Finding a therapist
- Getting the sleep you need
- Navigating the health care system
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Caring for older relatives
- Finding child care
- Raising a child with special needs
- Managing your time
- Developing your career
- Being an effective manager
- Making ends meet
- Savings for retirement
- Buying or renting a home you can afford
- Dealing with grief and loss
- 24/7 support for emergencies while traveling, including medical consultation, prescription replacement guarantee and emergency medical evacuations.
- Help with paperwork or financial questions after a loved one dies
- Advance planning is a way a patient/person can make their wishes known for care in a health crisis.
Can I talk to a counselor?
Personal attention is a phone call away. Whether you need emotional support for a loss or work challenge or practical guidance to find a professional resource, HealthAdvocate is a great place to start.
Your counselor will help you with immediate needs, and can refer you to another resource if you need more visits.
Will my interactions with HealthAdvocate be confidential?
Your access to the HealthAdvocate site and all discussions you have with a counselor are strictly confidential. MaineHealth does not receive any information about individual activity.