Employee Assistance Program
The LifeBalance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to all MaineHealth employees and their family members.
LifeBalance EAP is a 24/7 free and confidential resource program designed to help you manage whatever challenge you’re facing. You can:
- Research solutions using the online library of videos, podcasts and articles
- Speak to a counselor by phone
- Chat with a counselor online
- Access the mobile app on the go
What types of issues are supported?
LifeBalance EAP can provide support, information and referrals for issues such as:
- Handling stress and overload
- Dealing with divorce and separation
- Finding a therapist
- Getting the sleep you need
- Navigating the health care system
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Caring for older relatives
- Finding child care
- Raising a child with special needs
- Managing your time
- Developing your career
- Being an effective manager
- Making ends meet
- Savings for retirement
- Buying or renting a home you can afford
- Dealing with grief and loss
- 24/7 support for emergencies while traveling, including medical consultation, prescription replacement guarantee and emergency medical evacuations.
- Help with paperwork or financial questions after a loved one dies
- Advance planning is a way a patient/person can make their wishes known for care in a health crisis.
Can I talk to a counselor?
Personal attention is a phone call away. Whether you need emotional support for a loss or work challenge or practical guidance to find a professional resource, LifeBalance EAP is a great place to start.
Your counselor will help you with immediate needs, and can refer you to another resource if you need more visits.
Will my interactions with LifeBalance EAP be confidential?
Your access to the LifeBalance EAP site and all discussions you have with a LifeBalance EAP counselor are strictly confidential. MaineHealth does not receive any information about individual activity.
How can I get started?
To speak with a LifeBalance EAP counselor, call:
- English: 877-259-3785
- Spanish: 877-858-2147
- TTY or TDD: 800-999-3004
To access online resources, visit the LifeBalance website
(ID: mainehealth; password: lifebalance)