We are a large, multidisciplinary psychiatric clinic that provides comprehensive mental health services in Cumberland County. Our mission is to provide treatment that is focused on recovery, helping our patients reach their full potential for function and quality of life.
The outpatient clinical teams offer comprehensive, coordinated and evidence based psychiatric care for patients with most types of mental disorders. We specialize in treating individuals with complex, multiple problems. Our psychiatrists, psychologists, counselors, social workers, and nurses provide psychiatric treatment which includes psychopharmacologic treatment, individual and group therapies, and substance abuse treatment. We also offer neuropsychology and vocational services with our employment specialists. Consultations to primary care physicians and other medical specialists are provided on request.
Services for patients with needs for more intensive levels of care are a key component of our program. The Partial Hospital Program offers intensive, daily treatment as both an alternative, as well as step down program to inpatient hospitalization. Our Intensive Outpatient Program is specially designed for individuals with co-occurring mental health and substance abuse problems. The outpatient clinic is a training site for our future mental health providers in several disciplines. As an affiliate of Tufts Medical School, we provide patient care experiences and clinical teaching for medical students. Our psychiatry residency program trains physicians to become specialists in the field of psychiatry. Our clinic is also a training site for masters level social work interns, psychology trainees, and advanced practice nursing students.
Services We Provide
- Psychiatric Evaluation
- Recommendations for Psychiatric Treatment
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
We embrace a recovery based philosophy of care, partnering with patients and their families to optimize quality of life. We achieved this by providing comprehensive, coordinated team based care with:
- Board Certified Psychiatrists
- Resident physicians in Psychiatry
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Providing treatment that is informed by outcomes and evidence
- Committing to ongoing education and professional development of staff and trainees
- Embracing research as an integral part of our work
- Evaluating and allocating resources to meet defined patient population and trainee needs
- Engaging in continuous process and quality improvement as part of our culture
- Using technologies to maximize safety and efficiency